Looking for specific examples of zoning, bylaws, community development programs and educational materials that promote smart growth? Our new online Planning Toolbox enables you to quickly locate information and assistance on a variety of growth and conservation issues, including:
- Revitalizing downtowns
- Providing a range of housing options
- Creating transit options, parking and safe bike and pedestrian opportunities
- Planning for growth centers
- Redeveloping brownfields
- Protecting farmland, forests and other open space
We know good planning takes time, patience and perseverance. To help communities accomplish their land use goals, we can provide help over the long term. Our sustained assistance can help communities create land use plans and rules to encourage growth in appropriate areas and protect important resources, scenic landscapes and productive farm and forestland. To determine if your community is ready to work with us, please review our Program Guidelines.
Our assistance may include work such as:
- Conducting public meetings and workshops to explore development options for a specific parcel or area of the community;
- Training local officials and volunteers on specific land use issues and strategies;
- Providing guidance on revising a municipal plans and land use regulations; and
- Helping communities obtain state growth center designation.
We are currently working with the towns of Bristol, Burke, Danville, Essex and Jericho.
To learn how we can help your community, please contact Serena Parnau at (802) 864-6310.